*THE MARGARET PETTAWAY COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP*
(formally known as THE PETTAWAY & WILLIS FOUNDATION, INC. COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP)
The Pettaway & Willis Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to serving the community through contributions, service, and advocacy. *THE MARGARET PETTAWAY COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP*, formally known as The Pettaway & Willis Foundation, Inc. College Scholarship, will be used to assist scholarly high school students, from lower income backgrounds, who are pursuing higher education. The awards will be granted toward school tuition and expenses. The name of the scholarship was changed to honor the memory and legacy (September 8, 1936 - July 11, 2017) of Margaret Pettaway, the grandmother of the Founder/President of The Pettaway & Willis Foundation, Inc.
- Applicants must be a graduating high school senior.
- Applicants must be a resident of North Carolina or Georgia.
- Applicants must have applied AND been accepted into an accredited College, University, Vocational, or Trade School.
- Applicants must have a cumulative Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicants must exhibit characteristics of dedication, honesty, and motivation (academically, professionally, and personally).
- Applicants must submit an essay introducing themselves to the board members and explaining why he/she is the best candidate to receive *THE MARGARET PETTAWAY COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP*
The awards will be granted toward school tuition and expenses. Awards are for the academic year (August - May).
Applications must be received on or before May 1 of the year for which the scholarship is needed.
To obtain application forms and additional information, contact:
The Pettaway & Willis Foundation, Inc.
4501 New Bern Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610-1441